Carol A. Boyer, MA, LPC, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor
50 Church Street, Suite 3 L3
Montclair, NJ 07042
LIcense : #37PC00429000
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ - 2007
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Shorter College, Rome, GA - 1981
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of NJ
- 5 years supervising a psychiatric crisis residence
- Extensive research on LGBT issues
- Published author and peer-reviewed presenter
- 25+ years experience in the corporate world
- 20+ years training/performing as a musician and actor
- Boyer, C. A. (2007) The impact of sexual orientation on women's midlife experience: A transition model approach. Adultspan, 6 (1)
- Boyer, C. A. (2007) Double stigma: The impact of adoption issues on lesbian and gay adoptive parents. In Javier, R. A., Baden, A. L., Biafora, F. A. & Camacho-Gingerich, A. (Eds.), Handbook of Adoption: Implications for Researchers, Practitioners, and Families, (pp. 229-241).
- Boyer, C. A. (2006, March). Double stigma: The impact of adoption issues on lesbian and gay adoptive parents. In A. Baden (Chair), Adoption and identity: Lifelong issues for adopted persons. Symposium presented at the American Counseling Association Annual Conference, Montreal, Canada. (Peer-reviewed).
- Boyer, C. A. & Wranitz, T. J. (2006, March). Developing family: The impact of societal/legal issues on lesbian and gay adults choosing to parent. Poster session presented at the American Counseling Association Annual Conference, Montreal, Canada. (Peer-reviewed).
- Boyer, C. A. & Pickering, S. (2005, April). Continuing and emerging issues in the GLBT community. Poster session presented as part of Shelter from the storm: Counseling in the new millennium, a mini-conference presented at Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ.
American Counseling Association (ACA) 2005 - Present
Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues in Counseling (ACA Division)
Association for Spiritual, Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling(ACA Division)
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Professional Achievement in Community/Mental Health Counseling (2012). Awarded by the Department of Counseling, Human Development and Educational Leadership, Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ.
- Chi Sigma Iota (Counseling Honor Society) 2007 - Present
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda (Graduate Honor Society) 2006 - Present
50 Church Street, Suite L3, Montclair, NJ 07042